Welcome to the official website of COMMS (Council of Malaysian Midwest Students). Catch up with the latest updates about COMMS, Malaysian Midwestern students, and more!
[APPLICATION PROCESS FOR POSTAL VOTING IS NOW OPEN]
The Election Commission has announced that the application for postal voting is now open.
Provisions for postal voting:
1. You must be a registered voter.
*Check your registration status here: https://pengundi.spr.gov.my/
2. You have been in Malaysia or returned to Malaysia not less than 30 days within five years before the dissolution of Parliament or State Assembly.
3. Currently as Malaysian residing overseas but for voters residing in southern Thailand (Narathiwat, Pattani, Yala, Songkhla and Satun), Singapore, Brunei and Kalimantan province, Indonesia, they are not eligible for postal voting and has to come home to vote.
How to register?
1. Download and fill out the “Borang 1B”(which looks like the above) . Directions on filling in the form is enclosed with the aforementioned document.
2. Mail the form to the Election Commission of Malaysia (address provided in the form) or through email: email@example.com
Submit your application AS SOON AS POSSIBLE as the deadline is set to be once the parliament is dissolved.
Spread the words to your fellow Malaysian friends and don’t miss your chance to vote!
Link to download “Borang 1B”: http://www.spr.gov.my/sites/default/files/Syarat%20dan%20Borang%201B.pdf
Should you have any inquiry, please contact 03-88810081 or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org”